Located on an exceptional terroir in the Margaux appellation, Château Pouget is a 4th Classified Growth under Bordeaux’s official 1855 classification.
- Mestrezat exclusivity from vintage 2008 to 2015
- Owner : Mr. Guillemet, also owner of Château Boyd-Cantenac, 3rd Classified Growth in Margaux
- An intimate knowledge of great Margaux terroirs
- A "Boutique" GCC: the smallest 1855 classified growth
- A traditional Margaux combining power and finess, in the purest Margaux Grand Cru style
A 10-hectare vineyard situated on a superb gravelly outcrop in the Margaux appellation.
|Average age of the vines||42 years|
|Grape Varieties||60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 8% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot|
|Harvest||Manual harvesting with sorting table|
|Ageing||18 months in barrel (90% new wood)|